Juice cleanses has been more and more popular nowadays because they have been used as a way of boosting energy and losing weight. You may hear about this beverage a lot on TV, radio or social media. However, is a juice cleanse healthy?
The answer is absolutely Yes. Juice cleanse can help lose weight, detox your body and maintain an active metabolism. It is good for both health and beauty, so quickly add it to your diet.
Experts usually recommend us to eat vegetables as much as possible, so juicing is the best way to help you stay healthy. But how can it do that? What does a juice cleanse do to your body?, keep on reading to find out!
Benefits Of Juice Cleanse
Although it is recommended that people should eat fruit and vegetables, we can hardly do this every day. Thus, add juice cleanse into your diet is the best choice.
Should you do a juice cleanse? Of course Yes. Here are some of the benefits of juicing:
- Help you lose weight effectively by boosting your natural intake
- Reduce the risk of catching chronic illnesses
- Provide a wide range of nutrients, minerals and vitamins
- Decrease cholesterol levels by supporting cardiovascular
- Help easily digested nutrients and antioxidants
- Replace the meal
- Widen the amount of vegetables you usually eat
It’s clear that juice cleanse has brought a great deal of benefits, if you want to know how do you lose weight with a juice cleanse? , let’s continue reading to find out some recipes of juice cleanses.
Here are 7 delicious juicing recipes that everyone should know.
List Of 7 Juice Cleanse Recipes:
#1. The Ultimate Green Juice
- Spinach: 2 cups
- Cucumber: 1
- Coconut water: a half cup
- Fresh mint: ⅓ cup of
- Apple: 1
- Lime juice
Using a juicer:
- Put the cucumber, apple and spinach into the juicer.
- Then put coconut water and lime juice and and mix them together.
Using a blender:
- You just put all of the ingredients into your blender and press the button.
#2. Flavorful Carrot Juice
- carrots: 4 whole
- nectarine: 1
- pineapple chunks: 1 cup
- romaine lettuce: 1 head
- Use your juicer or blender for processing all the ingredients.
#3. Ginger-Turmeric Apple Juice
- Apple: 1
- 1 cucumber: 1
- 2 cups kale: 2 cups
- 1/2 inch ginger, unpeeled ginger: a half inch
- 1 ground turmeric: 1/2 teaspoon turmeric root: 1/4 inch unpeeled
- Lemon Juice
- Using the blender is more suitable with this recipe, so put all the ingredients into your blender and blend until they become liquefied.
#4. Energetic Beet Juice
- Orange: 1
- beet: 1
- kale: 2 cups
- cayenne pepper: a quarter of teaspoon
- Use your juicer or blender to process orange, kale, and beet.
- Put cayenne pepper on top.
#5. Healthy Morning Drink:
- applesauce: 1/4 cup
- raspberries: 1/4 cup
- greens (spinach, field greens, kale, etc.): 2 cups
- parsley: 1/4 cup
- 1 banana:1
- coconut water: 1/2 cup
- Put all of them into your blender and blend until they become soften.
#6. Farm Share Blend
- bok choy: 2 cups
- basil: 1/3 cup
- mixed fruits: cherries (pitted), grapes plums (pitted),: 1–2 cups
- Juice of a lemon
Using a juicer:
- Put the basil, mixed fruits and bok choy into your juicer and stir them in lemon juice.
Using a blender:
- Blend thoroughly all the ingredients with your blender.
#7. Breakfast Juice
- Apples: 2
- Beets: 2
- Lemons: 2
- Carrots: 2
- Use your juicer or blender to process all the ingredients.
Some Notes For Making Juice Cleanses
The following people should be cautious when using juice cleanses:
- Diabetic patients should minimize the intake of juice from fruits that are high in fructose because they can cause hyperglycemia.
- Diarrhea patients should avoid using juice cleanses regularly because they can worsen diarrhea due to increased osmotic pressure in the intestine.
- Patients with gastric ulcers, duodenal or pancreatitis absolutely should not drink sour fruit juices such as lemons, oranges, apples, strawberries, ... because these fruits increase the stomach acid, causing heartburn.
Don't drink early in the morning or when you're hungry
- Do not drink fruit juices early in the morning or when you are hungry, as the acids in the juice will damage the stomach. The best time to drink fruit juice is between 2 meals or after exercise or when tired, the body needs to add physical strength quickly.
Do not mix fruit juice with milk
- When mixing milk with fruit juice, the protein in milk reacts with tartaric acid in the juice, hindering the absorption of the body and can also cause abdominal pain in those with weak stomachs.
Do not take medicine with fruit juice
- Many fruit juices will be harmful if taken with medication. Grapefruit juice has a substance that reduces the concentration of a specific enzyme in the small intestine wall, causing the absorption of the drug into the body. If you take drugs then eat more grapefruit, there is a risk of more drugs entering the bloodstream, creating an overdose phenomenon and unwanted effects. Orange juice, apple juice can reduce the absorption of a drug, making the intestinal biology responsible for transporting drugs into the blood not working.
Do not heat fruit juice
- The vitamin C in fruits is highly susceptible to metamorphism or volatility when exposed to high temperatures, so warming fruit juice will destroy the vitamins found in most of these fruits.
Limit more sugar to fresh fruit juice
- The fruits contain a certain amount of sugar that is good for health, but many people still have the habit of adding sugar to their juice cup to increase its sweetness. However, we should limit this act, because if the body receives too much sugar,it will affect our health in return.
The Bottom Line
Juicing is good for our health because it provides us with lots of vitamins, minerals and nutrients. Thus, juice cleanse is a good choice for everyone to keep fit and stay healthy.
Making your own juice cleanse at home is not difficult at all as you just have to prepare the organic fruits, a juicer or a blender. Remember to wash the ingredients carefully and be careful in choosing ingredients, you must ensure that you buy organic products.
There are other ways to lose weight, you can also choose colon cleanses. It also helps improve metabolism as well as detox your body.
Do you like to make your own juice cleanses? Can you share your own recipe in the comment below? How much weight have you lost after juicing for 10 days? Don’t hesitate to let us know in the comment!