Detox time: How to make liver detox tea?
We all know that the liver is one of the most important organs in our body. It plays a key role in detoxification, digestion, metabolism, and immunity.
However, the liver is most famous for detoxification function that means it filters and removes toxins to keep our body and health. Especially, while some other organ may take a rest sometimes, the liver has to work all day and night to perform its functions. Working hard and continuously may make your liver exhausted, and when it is, we are sure to get into trouble.
There are some ways you may do to help your liver function properly. You may only need to hit the hay early and get deep sleep between 1 and 3 am since it is time the livers work most actively and effectively, or you just need to cut down on alcohol or ready-made food. But there is another way which could do a great job - drinking liver detox tea.
Who needs detox the liver?
Obviously, everybody needs to detox the liver since it allows liver function better, but if you find yourself in some of the cases, you’d better take action to save your liver.
#1. Eating too much processed and saturated fat
Those consuming too much-fried food or processed food must detox your liver. This is because it is hard to digest the processed and saturated fats in the food, and therefore, your liver is forced to work harder. More importantly, the fats produce a lot of toxic during digestion.
#2. Drinking too much alcohol
I strongly believe that I don’t need to talk much about the disadvantages of alcohol to our health. Alcohol together with drugs is the hardest substance to filter. Furthermore, it could be turned into toxins within your body. If your take too much alcohol, your liver will have to worker harder to filter and remove the substance and toxins and may experience damage.
#3. Lack of sleep and rest
As I have mentioned before, the liver works most actively and effectively from 1 to 3 a.m. when you fail to get deep sleep during the time; your liver can’t function properly which means that it can’t filter all the toxins in your body.
#4. Breathing polluted air
The fact is that the liver filters every single substance that we get into our body. The toxins that you take from the air go through your lungs to the liver to be filtered. And for those living in areas with polluted air, your liver has to get more jobs to do or even overload.
Why do we need liver detox tea?
Taking liver detox is commonly known as an economical yet budget-friendly method to cleanse the liver. The key to its effectiveness lies in the combination of herbs and organic, natural fruits to filter and remove toxic substances from the liver.
There is a lot of manufactured liver detox tea available that you may buy at any pharmacy or supermarket. However, in case you want to do it on your own, there are DIYs of liver detox tea that may interest you.
Recipes for amazing liver detox tea (DIY)
Hereunder are recipes for awesome detox tea that you may do at home.
#1. Turmeric Tea
- Grated fresh turmeric: 2 teaspoons
- Grated fresh ginger: 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper: 1 pinch
- Cinnamon: ½ teaspoon
- Pure vanilla extract: ½ teaspoon
- Pure raw honey: ½ teaspoon
- Coconut milk: ½ cup
- Boiling water
- Pour the boiling water into a mug (halfway full), then add turmeric and ginger.
- Cover the mug and leave it to rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add in the cinnamon, pure vanilla extract, and pure raw honey and stir constantly
- Fill the rest of the mug with coconut milk and keep stirring constantly.
- Now your tea is done and enjoy it.
The turmeric tea is exceptionally delicious and does a great job in detoxing your liver. The turmeric is famous for cleansing the liver, improving liver performance, protecting liver issue and boosting immunity. Especially, it is so effective in purifying blood and reducing cholesterol level.
Besides benefits for liver detox, the tea also helps to reduce headaches and joint pain as well as improve digestion thanks to ginger. Meanwhile, black pepper and coconut milk allow our body to absorb turmeric better and maximize the benefits of the substance. Raw honey, which contains lots of vitamins, antioxidants and enzymes, enhance digestion system.
Note: For the turmeric tea recipe, you may replace the grated turmeric and ginger with grounded ones, but it can’t bring you the real taste of the tea.
#2. Milk thistle tea
If you are looking for an easier liver detox tea to make, the milk thistle tea could be a great idea.
- Roasted dandelion root: 1 tbsp.
- Milk thistle seed: 1 tbsp.
- Dried burdock root: 1tbsp
- Roasted chicory root: 1 tbsp.
- Filtered water: 12-14 ounces
- Coffee blend: 2 tbsps.
- Ground all the ingredients into power and place the separately.
- Boil the filtered water. In a French Press, add the coffee blend. Then, add the boiled water.
- Add the grounded roasted dandelion root, milk thistle seed, dried burdock root and roasted chicory root into the French press, stir constantly and leave it steep for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Now your tea is done and enjoy it (you may add some sweetener if you want).
The milk thistle tea is an awesome idea to detox your liver and improve digestion since it could support your liver in removing a huge amount of toxins within your body.
Especially, the tea is highly recommended for a weight loss plan because it could boost metabolism, curb appetite and stimulate fat-burning.
#3. Garlic tea
- 3 cups of water
- 3 garlic cloves (cut in half)
- ½ cup of honey
- ½ cup of fresh lemon juice
- Boil 3 cups of water and 3 garlic cloves in a saucepan, wait until the water boils then turn off the heat.
- Mix the honey and lemon juice together and stir constantly, then pour the tea into a cup and enjoy it. You may keep the extra in the refrigerator for the next day.
For the garlic tea, it is advisable for you to take it 2 times per day. Not only does the garlic tea cleanse your body and stimulate the natural detox process in your body, but it also helps to prevent a cough and cold. The tea is a great drink for morning or winter.
You have got to know how important the liver is to our body and our heath and how essential it is to detox your liver. Then, take action immediately to get a healthier liver for healthier life.
Besides getting healthy food and enough sleep and rest, drinking liver detox tea could help to purify your liver better and more effectively. Don’t ever skip the 3 awesome tea recipes: turmeric tea, milk thistle tea, and garlic tea. Believe me; you may get shocked with the result it brings.